Sloppy play from opening round improving . . .

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby Eagle Vision » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:19 am

I don't think that I'm in the minority here.

I watched games in person in Erie and on TV with the Generals in the first round. I've seen both teams on TV in the second and it's radical how both teams have changed.

Oshawa allowed 10 goals in 4 games (9 in the last 3) against an anemic Steelheads team. While the Otters permitted 18 goals in only 5 games while ousting the Saginaw Spirit.

My opinions after the first round and now have changed radically for both teams. Each went to OT 3 times, and each looked like later-round upsets waiting to happen they way that they were playing. Between Smith and Knoblauch, they must have found ways to get through to their respective teams, as both are in against stronger foes and Erie has allowed 1 goal in three games and the Generals have yet to be scored upon.

It's amazing watching the teams build, and learn from round to round or in the case of the Peterborough Petes, within the first round. Thus far, the Otters are kind of reminding me of a certain Windsor Spitfires team from 2009 that stumbled out of the gate against the 8th seeded Owen Sound Attack in the opening playoff round.

It's an encouraging sign to see the Otters back playing "Otters hockey" where they just suffocate opponents.

Speaking of teams playing their brand of hockey. The signature Guelph Storm this season have been a merciless hitting team. They have come into the second round not playing their brand of hockey. I think that some players are very tentative because of the McGinn suspension and it's hurting them. (Obviously the loss of a star forward hurts, but maybe moreso, the edge that they seem to be missing right now. If McGinn was just plain hurt, I believe that things would be different.
Arsonists make pathetic hockey fans

http://www.RangersRush.com/
http://www.jrahockey.com/

"being stupid. That's the way I coach." - Rick Tocchet
Eagle Vision
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to New OHL Open Forum