OHL NETWORK

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

OHL NETWORK

Postby CRAZY8 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Maybe it is just me, but why does the OHL website never have any videos or say much about the Erie Otters? They are undefeated as of now, Mcdavid had another sick goal last night and no mention of the win or videos. Yes you tube has them but a website that covers OHL hockey does not! shouldn't they cover it all? They seem to just pick and choose whatever they want. I could just be ranting but I think it is just crap they don't say or show more.

"GO OTTERS"
CRAZY8
NOOFer

OHL NETWORK

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: OHL NETWORK

Postby PIXIEDUST » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 pm

The league may want to, but there is limited video and limited quality video from Erie since they don't have a home broadcaster the way all the Canadian based teams do.
Fan of the Rat Portage Thistles... Stanley Cup Champions.

The more you sweat in practice... the less you bleed in battle.
PIXIEDUST
NOOFer

Postby Ran_man » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:37 am

wonder if it is because they are from the states? Look and see if there are any highlights from Plymouth and Saginaw. I remember when Sudbury was in the OHL finals against Plymouth and we couldn't see the hightlights because our cameras were not permitted.
Ran_man
NOOFer

Postby Inkling » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:52 pm

Getting video out of the US always seems to be an issue. The 67's are playing in Erie tonight, and their road games are practically always broadcast on Rogers...but not tonight. It's like the 'iron curtain' of the OHL. Too bad because Connor McDavid is a great marketing tool for the league. Sportsnet, or might have been TSN, had one of his goals on recently but I don't remember if it might have been a road game.
Inkling
NOOFer

Postby rollo tape » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:52 am

...looking at hockeystreams.com as a source for watching streamed games ..anyone have any experience with this?
rollo tape
NOOFer

Postby lacubs » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:31 pm

couldn't the OHL use image sports network (Erie TV Feed) to get broadcasting feed out of? i thought they did once last year during the playoffs vs the Guelph I heard
lacubs
NOOFer

Postby thegill » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:26 am

hockey streams.com is excellent to watch games with and very affordable
thegill
NOOFer

Postby PIXIEDUST » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:24 am

Rogers, Cogeco and Shaw have reciprocal partnerships with each other to broadcast each other's game. No such agreement exists with the three US teams. I imagine there is plenty of extra red tape (and money) to facilitate sending a signal across that border, so it's only worth while to initiate such an agreement during the playoffs. It's only in recent years we've been able to get games out of the Soo and Sudbury... and we don't get all of the Soo games either.
Fan of the Rat Portage Thistles... Stanley Cup Champions.

The more you sweat in practice... the less you bleed in battle.
PIXIEDUST
NOOFer

Postby BB King » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:06 am

On a side note about the OHL website, I noticed that the 67's got rid of their killer puck logo and replaced it with the classic logo. Amen, it's about time!!!! :D
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Postby LittleHockeyFan » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:48 pm

I could ask the same thing. Why is the Colts game never on the Rogers HD channel unless it's the ONLY game being played?! They're in Sudbury tonight. And there's NO friggin' tv coverage. stupid rogers
LittleHockeyFan
NOOFer

Postby Otto » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:38 pm

I don't think it's Rogers fault. Doesn't Sudbury have Shaw? It could be the Wolves not wanting to show home games on TV because the fans are starting to stay away from the arena
Otto
NOOFer

Postby The Man22 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Otto wrote:I don't think it's Rogers fault. Doesn't Sudbury have Shaw? It could be the Wolves not wanting to show home games on TV because the fans are starting to stay away from the arena

Sudbury is Eastlink.
The poster formerly known as the The Man

2005 Memorial Cup Champion London Knights
Si-vrett #25
Bowl-u #10
pr+MUST = PRUST NOT pOOOOOOST
The Man22
NOOFer

Postby Attack Trac » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:30 pm

So this likely speaks to the Video portion of CRAZY8's original comment...how about the more manageable less restrictive portion?
The "mention" of the Otters.

This team has a fantastic record, and arguably one of the best talents we have ever seen in the OHL.

Are they worried about rubbing opposition fans the wrong way because we don't have our own "McDavid's" Lol
It doesn't seemed to have mattered as much in recent years gone by.

I for one think this league should celebrate their success as a team, and also in the Player McDavid is.
He leaves everyone in Awwww! And why not sell it!

(Trade this kid to the Green and Gold...and see what happens!) :lol:
Attack Trac
NOOFer

Postby ForestGlade » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:41 am

Attack Trac wrote:(Trade this kid to the Green and Gold...and see what happens!) :lol:

"The Spitfires win in overtime four to three, and put the dagger straight through the London Knights' heart!" - Bill Kelso (04.22.09)

What The Toast Tweets
ForestGlade
NOOFer

Postby Attack Trac » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 am

Hahah!! Now That was funny ForestGlade! lol

(However there is still a small part of me that is surprised this hasn't happened yet....It just always seems to work out that way! :shock: )
Attack Trac
NOOFer

Postby BB King » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am

Dear keeper of the OHL website:

Please try to keep up with current trades and suspensions in the OHL, other leagues post trades the same day and keep up with goings on in their league. I'd like to be able to see a trade posted on the "Network" before it reaches social media, maybe a tall order but I think you can do it. If I didn't have a cell phone, I'd only find out about trades three days after they happened and that player would be already playing for his new team, that's not cool for a fan.

Regards,
BB King
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum