Whalers could be on the move sooner than later . . . .

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Re: Whalers could be on the move sooner than later . . . .

Postby Jason Cormier » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:31 pm

storm222 wrote:Why would they want to move there with all that high crime rate. How would some of the parents think about letting kids playing there.

Your question has already been answered twice.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42956&start=40#p719184

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42956&start=40#p719191
NAP XXI: Brampton
History

03: Lon
04: Gue, Mis, Bra, Sag
05: Sar, Osh
06: Osh, Eri
07: Bar, Sud
09: Kin, SSM
09: Kit, Ott
10: Win, Bel
11: Ply, OS
12: Pet, Gue
Pics: http://tinyurl.com/yj4v5z5
Jason Cormier
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby feedback » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:17 am

Danger Girl wrote:
BPFox wrote:I think the new Flint team should have rivalry games against Saginaw and Sarnia. I think Saginaw should have it's rivalry games against Flint and Windsor. I also think Saginaw should get it's two games against Owen Sound back. Not sure how all that could get done, but I think it is worth trying to figure out.

Saginaw will always have rivalry games against SSM. At least until Gaylord gets a team. It will be interesting to see where Windsor's 2 extra games go (until Rolf Nilsen's son finishes his OA year and the Flint team moves to Chatham.) ;)

They have not approved the building of a new arena in Chatham , that will have to be done before any Junior "A" team moves their , don't see that happening in the near future ..
It's not how big you are that makes you a man , It's how much man you are that makes you big ....
feedback
NOOFer

Postby Danger Girl » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:50 pm

feedback wrote:
Danger Girl wrote:
BPFox wrote:I think the new Flint team should have rivalry games against Saginaw and Sarnia. I think Saginaw should have it's rivalry games against Flint and Windsor. I also think Saginaw should get it's two games against Owen Sound back. Not sure how all that could get done, but I think it is worth trying to figure out.

Saginaw will always have rivalry games against SSM. At least until Gaylord gets a team. It will be interesting to see where Windsor's 2 extra games go (until Rolf Nilsen's son finishes his OA year and the Flint team moves to Chatham.) ;)

They have not approved the building of a new arena in Chatham , that will have to be done before any Junior "A" team moves their , don't see that happening in the near future ..

Considering Rolf Nilsen's son is a '98, they have a few years to get it done.
Donna

24 OHL arenas and counting...

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Transfer of Ownership and Relocation has been approved by the Board Of Governors.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/arti ... int/165678

Toronto, ON – The Ontario Hockey League today announced the Board of Governors’ approval for the Transfer of Ownership and Relocation of the Plymouth Whalers Hockey Club to Flint, Michigan.

The Whalers franchise, which began as the Detroit Ambassadors in 1990 under the ownership of Peter Karmanos Jr, have been in Plymouth since 1996. The club will relocate to Flint, Michigan, for the start of the 2015-16 OHL season and play out of the Perani Arena under the ownership of Rolf Nilsen of IMS Hockey Corporation.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Previous

Return to New OHL Open Forum