67,s GM

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

67,s GM

Postby nightscrawler62 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:18 pm

With all the talk about the improvment about the 67,s....all I hear is Jeff Brown getting all the credit. I have come to learn that long time scout Pat Higgins was named GM ...since he hires Brown should he not be noticed.....can anyone tell me about this new GM and his history?
nightscrawler62
NOOFer

67,s GM

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 67,s GM

Postby nightscrawler62 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:21 am

Cant anybody make a comment on this GM ???....
nightscrawler62
NOOFer

Postby BB King » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:27 pm

Mr. Higgins was a long time scout for the 67's and I believe worked with Kilrea and company so he's seen the transition this team has made in philosophy since Killer quit coaching and took on a smaller role in the franchise. He seems to be a pretty up front man from all the interviews I've heard with him but seems like a no nonsense type guy. He's made some pretty significant deals so far and they seem to be working out well for Ottawa so that aspect seems to be win for the franchise. As far as hiring Brown, it's been a work in progress with this team, they had some pretty bad work habits to break; but judging by their record since the 10 game mark, they've bought into his system and are starting to hit their stride heading for the stretch run. They still have some holes but it's night and day compared to the last couple of seasons in Ottawa.
Hope that somewhat answers your inquiry..
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Postby ecraigs » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Pat has been a fixture of the Ottawa hockey scene for many years, dating back to his playing days. He coached in Nepean for a lot of years with his two boys, worked with LCBO and retired a couple of years back. He has been thoroughly part of the 67's for decades and his approach to dealing and drafting seems to match Killer's ways. He drafts well and makes the moves that make sense, without giving away the farm. He's had a lot of input in the drafting of prior years without having the final say. Now that final say is his.

It has been a challenge this year, because there were veterans on the team that wouldn't buy in to JB's approach or expectations. We had been keeping players who had no realistic chance of becoming reliable OHL players. Now, the message seems to be getting through, loud and clear: play hard or go home.
67's Season Tickets - 39 years
Memorial Cups in Hull (2), Kitchener, Ottawa, Regina, Guelph, Quebec, London(2), Moncton, Vancouver, Kitchener, Brandon, Mississauga, Shawinigan, Saskatoon
ecraigs
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum