Let the trading begin.

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Let the trading begin.

Postby BB King » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:27 pm

As per Loosepucks:

Kitchener trades Brent Pederson to Oshawa for 2nd '17, 2nd '18, 3rd '16, Conditional 3rd '17, 4th '18.

Wow the bar has been set pretty high with this deal. Nice haul for a LW who's stat line is : 33gp , 10g, 10a, -2, 32pim, 2ppg.
Should be interesting between now and the deadline..
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Let the trading begin.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Let the trading begin.

Postby IceCube » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:37 pm

What an outrageous price to pay. I wonder what a real good OHL forward will cost. Overpaying like this will reduce the number of trades because all of the sellers will think their guy is worth more. Silly people!
IceCube
NOOFer

Postby Number65 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Three (or five) picks for Pedersen is a good deal for the Gens. There's a lot more to his game than his stats would suggest. I really hate to see him leave Kitchener, but it's great that he'll have a real shot at winning a Memorial Cup.
Number65
NOOFer

Postby BB King » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Number65 wrote:Three (or five) picks for Pedersen is a good deal for the Gens. There's a lot more to his game than his stats would suggest. I really hate to see him leave Kitchener, but it's great that he'll have a real shot at winning a Memorial Cup.

I guess looking at some past deals for more offensive players, 5 picks seems a bit steep. But I don't see him play regularly and I can't really offer the judgement on the player like someone who sees what he brings to a team.
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Postby 93memcup » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Looks like the Gennys have gone all in with today's moves!
Jan. 1 LDN
Michael McCarron
OSH
Cliff Pu
3rd Rnd '15
Erie's 2nd Rnd '16
Jan. 1 LDN
Dakota Mermis
OSH
Josh Sterk
2nd Rnd '19 (cond.)
I have to think the cupboard will be pretty barren after this years playoff run!Lots of the future has been mortgaged !
93memcup
NOOFer

Postby MisterDB » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:26 am

I can remember when this site would overload because of the trade deadline....now ......sad really
A key chain is a wonderful device in which it allows you to misplace every key you own at the same time.
MisterDB
NOOFer

Postby duke1036 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:49 am

Spirit get Evan Cormier, three 2nds, a 3rd and two 4ths from @OHLBattalion for captain Nick Moutrey.”
"We'll be looking to sign a goalie in the next couple of days," said Butler,
whose Troops visit the Ottawa 67's at 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Gens have made some moves recently, Troops now have made a move. I'd expect the Bulls to move Marchment
soon; probably to Windsor in ex for a D man, probably right after Wednesdays game against the Spits.
Coaches have also lost Petti, so a move for him wouldn't be a surprise either.
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers;
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"
So sayeth Wayne
duke1036
NOOFer

Postby fan4ever » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:05 pm

MisterDB wrote:I can remember when this site would overload because of the trade deadline....now ......sad really

Mister.... I'm with you!!!!
The trading of draft picks for 5 yrs from now...wow!! Thank God the league don't allow teams to trade their 1st picks... protecting teams from themselves......
fan4ever
NOOFer

Postby kiwionastick » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:20 pm

I'll admit that I only really pop on here around deadline season. And that's even falling off with twitter and other communication tools. Are web forums still a home to trade rumors? Or are we mostly discussing trades after they happen on here now?
kiwionastick
NOOFer

Postby joker97 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:20 pm

There is no hockey talk here really. Only smart ass comments to pick people apart. Prime example is this one. We all know what he means don't you. :roll:

Dude go to HF Boards. Great hockey talk there.[/quote]

Another person who rarely posts whining about no posts. Oh yay.[/quote]

To: Danger Girl
Just helping a guy out. Sorry if it disturbs you. I don't post because its not hockey talk here anymore. Like the post above its not about the game its about cutting people down. Make a typing mistake and be ridiculed. Don't like last nights game be bashed. I will admit I get fired up. I got caught up in the BS. I one day realized this is not why I signed up in the first place. I love the greatest game in the world and want to discuss and debate my opinion. I come here to see comments. I don't comment anymore. I did yesterday because I know how that guy feels when a simple statement is responded to by a dumb reply.

I hope Plymouth has a team next year. I really mean it. That would be the worst. It is hard for me not to live in Windsor and watch my team live but at least I can watch them. I hope you find happier times.

See Ya!!!!!!
joker97
NOOFer

Postby Danger Girl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 am

joker97 wrote:There is no hockey talk here really. Only smart ass comments to pick people apart. Prime example is this one. We all know what he means don't you. :roll:

Dude go to HF Boards. Great hockey talk there.

Another person who rarely posts whining about no posts. Oh yay.[/quote]

Just helping a guy out. Sorry if it disturbs you. I don't post because its not hockey talk here anymore. Like the post above its not about the game its about cutting people down. Make a typing mistake and be ridiculed. Don't like last nights game be bashed. I will admit I get fired up. I got caught up in the BS. I one day realized this is not why I signed up in the first place. I love the greatest game in the world and want to discuss and debate my opinion. I come here to see comments. I don't comment anymore. I did yesterday because I know how that guy feels when a simple statement is responded to by a dumb reply.

I hope Plymouth has a team next year. I really mean it. That would be the worst. It is hard for me not to live in Windsor and watch my team live but at least I can watch them. I hope you find happier times.

See Ya!!!!!![/quote]

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a (not nice person), it just really annoys me when people who never post complain about no posts. If you aren't posting, then you are part of the problem. It's not anyone's job to post here so that lurkers have something to read. Probably the thing that annoys me the most is when people will start a thread whining about why there isn't a thread about last night's game, instead of starting a game thread themselves. And I am probably overreacting. Just one of my pet peeves.
Donna

24 OHL arenas and counting...

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby MisterDB » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:51 am

I post on many other forums and have backed away from here like many have for various reasons, my 1500 plus posts on here is a far cry from not posting.

My piont is and still is this site has declined greatly compared to other years, numbers of threads and posts on here don't lie.

I would have expected a comment out of some of the other notorius posters on here but I didn't ecpect this coming from Danger Girl.
A key chain is a wonderful device in which it allows you to misplace every key you own at the same time.
MisterDB
NOOFer

Postby joker97 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Danger Girl wrote:
joker97 wrote:There is no hockey talk here really. Only smart ass comments to pick people apart. Prime example is this one. We all know what he means don't you. :roll:

Dude go to HF Boards. Great hockey talk there.

Another person who rarely posts whining about no posts. Oh yay.

See Ya!!!!!![/quote]

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a (not nice person), it just really annoys me when people who never post complain about no posts. If you aren't posting, then you are part of the problem. It's not anyone's job to post here so that lurkers have something to read. Probably the thing that annoys me the most is when people will start a thread whining about why there isn't a thread about last night's game, instead of starting a game thread themselves. And I am probably overreacting. Just one of my pet peeves.[/quote]

Cool Beans! I have never over reacted ever lol. :roll:
I do like Hf boards but has its flaws. Really can't post in other teams sections or get shunned. Also the old farts never respond to an opinion because you haven't earned it I guess. I do miss the everyone involved not just same team fans. If that makes any sense what so ever. I will try again.
joker97
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum