[Trade] Paterson to Kitchener

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby Hammer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:14 pm

To Kitchener:

G Jake Paterson

To Saginaw:

3rd Rnd 2017
2nd Rnd 2018

ontariohockeyleague.com
@GoErieHockey does Bassin know that he can make deals prior to 5 minutes before the deadline, for humans not just picks?
Hammer
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: [Trade] Paterson to Kitchener

Postby Eagle Vision » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Personally, I was hoping for Moran, there's still time to get him "fixed!" This one is about as confusing as Pancel to Peterborough. Buyers' market this year!
Arsonists make pathetic hockey fans

http://www.RangersRush.com/
http://www.jrahockey.com/

"being stupid. That's the way I coach." - Rick Tocchet
Eagle Vision
NOOFer

Postby SooBass » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Wait, the Rangers give up their leading scorer and then trade for a pretty good goalie? I don't get it.
SooBass
NOOFer

Postby Eagle Vision » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:55 pm

SooBass wrote:Wait, the Rangers give up their leading scorer and then trade for a pretty good goalie? I don't get it.

If Kitchener had paid the "Pretty good goalie price" that the Soo paid when they picked up Jack Campbell this doesn't make sense for this team. The reality is that they obtained him for a 2nd and a 3rd. It's pretty cheap for what he'll bring to the team. It's becoming very obvious that the current duo is struggling in the crease.

I don't mind this one bit. It makes more sense than what the Petes did. They got picks for Ritchie and then sent most of them back up to Sudbury for Pancel (a poor man's Nick Ritchie), the Rangers wanted to rebuild, but also for a competitive price wanted to make things right in the crease. I think that there's a potential for the team to have it's cake & eat it too to some extent.
Arsonists make pathetic hockey fans

http://www.RangersRush.com/
http://www.jrahockey.com/

"being stupid. That's the way I coach." - Rick Tocchet
Eagle Vision
NOOFer

Postby joker97 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Really smart IMO. Got him for nothing really. He is a playoff goalie that if he was a Knight the last three season's he would have at least two memorials.....Can't believe I said that!!! Anyways with a young team he can keep you in a playoff series himself and get the youngsters some real experience.
joker97
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:39 am

joker97 wrote:Really smart IMO. Got him for nothing really. He is a playoff goalie that if he was a Knight the last three season's he would have at least two memorials.....Can't believe I said that!!! Anyways with a young team he can keep you in a playoff series himself and get the youngsters some real experience.

Wrong goalie. This is Jake Paterson (one "t") from Saginaw.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby joker97 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:11 am

KnightHawk wrote:
joker97 wrote:Really smart IMO. Got him for nothing really. He is a playoff goalie that if he was a Knight the last three season's he would have at least two memorials.....Can't believe I said that!!! Anyways with a young team he can keep you in a playoff series himself and get the youngsters some real experience.

Wrong goalie. This is Jake Paterson (one "t") from Saginaw.

KnightHawk

Yes I know. I think he is that good and if he was on those teams it would be lights out for London. Also seeing him in action he is a star IMO. If he played on a better team threw the years he would be even better. I still think it is a smart move by Kitchener. I think he can really steal some games for Kitchener boosting the team for some real experience. The London comment was a irrelevant point sorry.
joker97
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum