Classless act by London Fan last night

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby colontroubles » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 am

Last night at the Erie insurance Arena, a London fan attacked an Erie fan, in section 213. When this guy attacked the fan it was near the railing. However, in attacking the fan, he managed to pin my nephew against the railing. It was hard enough where my nephew had marks from the railing on his chest and shoulder.

Total lack of class.
Who would win in a fight? The Pillsbury Dough Boy or the Hamburger Helper Glove??
colontroubles
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Classless act by London Fan last night

Postby KnightHawk » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:05 pm

colontroubles wrote:Last night at the Erie insurance Arena, a London fan attacked an Erie fan, in section 213. When this guy attacked the fan it was near the railing. However, in attacking the fan, he managed to pin my nephew against the railing. It was hard enough where my nephew had marks from the railing on his chest and shoulder.

Total lack of class.

And I'm sure the Erie fan did nothing to provoke the attack. :roll:

Not saying either party is right. However, like many cases, there are 3 sides to every story:

Yours, mine, and somewhere wedged in there is the truth.

In this case, the London fan, the Erie fan, and the truth.

I just LOVE being lumped in with these "fans". I mean, one bad apple, and we all suffer.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Nash61 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Never happens anywhere else. Same classy fans booing Max Domi when the kid is hurt.
Cost of 02-03 Knights Spits series $250
Cost of 03-04 Knights Spits series $115
Cost of 04-05 Knights Spits series $115
Seeing the Knights knock the Spits out of the playoffs three years in a row...PRICELESS
Nash61
NOOFer

Postby ORYX » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:30 pm

I don't understand why you are suggesting you're being lumped in Knighthawk?

The OP didn't say all London fans are classless, was simply saying a London fan attacked an Otters fan, in which his young nephew was pinned against a rail hard enough to cause marks.

Every rink has its nimrods, lets not make excuses for one because you can mind many like him elsewhere.

Provoked or not, physical confrontation is stupid. I'm sure the fan did not simply have a fit of rage for nothing, but that is no excuse.

It's a silly defense to just say "it probably wasnt his fault, and oh yea, your rink booed our injured player"

Call a spade a spade when you see one.
OHL Games seen in....
Kitchener, Guelph, Owen Sound, Erie, London, Plymouth, Saginaw, Oshawa, Sarnia, Brampton, Niagara, Mississauga

NHL Games seen in....
Toronto, Ottawa, Buffalo, Philadelphia.
ORYX
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:11 pm

ORYX wrote:I don't understand why you are suggesting you're being lumped in Knighthawk?

Just the title alone....

Classless act by LONDON Fan last night

I dunno. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way, I guess.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Wallbanger » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:21 am

Personally I take stuff like this with a grain of salt.
Every year there's always a fan complaining about another fanbase.

Not saying this claim is baseless though.
Hope the kid is alright!
As a penniless Canadian society if I want to add my 2 cents worth to any debate I must now round it down therefore I would be back to zero resulting in my opinion being now and forever worthless.
Wallbanger
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:07 pm

Wallbanger wrote:Personally I take stuff like this with a grain of salt.
Every year there's always a fan complaining about another fanbase.

That's sort of my problem. I do kind of take it personally. If you have a problem with my team, then you have a problem with ME.

That's probably what set me off, ORYX. It's likely because I have my 'blinders' on. That is, all I hear about is "London fan did this" or "London fans did that". Do I hear about what Petes fans or Frontenacs fans do (or don't do)? Likely, but I think nothing of it.

Not saying this claim is baseless though.

True. Mind you, hearing some stories and experiencing the the atmosphere in Erie twice, it wouldn't surprise me. But, I wasn't there, so....I dunno. :wink:
Then again, the first time I went down, I was a heavily camouflaged Knights fan. So, that doesn't count.

Hope the kid is alright!

Agreed! :)

Don't like to see anyone hurt in a place where we should be enjoying ourselves.....DARN IT! :lol:

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Nelli27 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:35 pm

If I may be forgiven a generalization, Erie fans remind me of the extras in the movie "Idiocracy".
Are you sure it wasn't two Erie fans fighting? Perhaps they were arguing about what to do after the game...one insisted on watching an episode of Duck Dynasty while the other was keen on watching Nascar. Who knows?
"One man is as ten thousand for me, if he is best" (Heraclitus, fr.49)

"It is not a foregone conclusion that the quest for truth for its own sake is simply in harmony with the needs of man as a social and political being", Leo Strauss.
Nelli27
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum