Matt Lahey

The place to discuss general hockey or off-ice OHL issues. Plan your bus trips, ask about the best OHL restaurants, or arena music here. It is also a place for some general hockey chatter outside of the OHL, like the Q, WHL, NHL or the minors.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Matt Lahey

Postby ecraigs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Former Pete/Greyhound/Storm winger Matt Lahey passed away on Friday, April 4, due to complications from a heart attack suffered a week earlier.

Although he struggled with substance abuse problems for a long time, he was a gentle, caring giant and he has died far too soon at 36.
67's Season Tickets - 39 years
Memorial Cups in Hull (2), Kitchener, Ottawa, Regina, Guelph, Quebec, London(2), Moncton, Vancouver, Kitchener, Brandon, Mississauga, Shawinigan, Saskatoon
ecraigs
NOOFer

Matt Lahey

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Matt Lahey

Postby KnightHawk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:11 pm

Just to avoid any confusion, it's THIS Matt Lahey:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=24116

Not this Matt Lahey:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=80266

I thought it was the latter because I know you follow the 67s, ecraigs. :)

Way too young...way too soon. RIP Matt Lahey. :cry:

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby ecraigs » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:25 pm

Yes, it is the 1977-born Matt. I came to know him through my nephew with whom he was working. Very sad, indeed.
67's Season Tickets - 39 years
Memorial Cups in Hull (2), Kitchener, Ottawa, Regina, Guelph, Quebec, London(2), Moncton, Vancouver, Kitchener, Brandon, Mississauga, Shawinigan, Saskatoon
ecraigs
NOOFer

Postby Hammer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:23 am

Terrible news.
@GoErieHockey does Bassin know that he can make deals prior to 5 minutes before the deadline, for humans not just picks?
Hammer
NOOFer

Postby Sandman13 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:15 pm

I was very sad to hear this. Matt was my favourite player in his OHL days. First with the Petes, but then still after he got traded (I remember how mad I was when they sent him to the Soo for Blaine Fitzpatrick). I was so glad he got another OHL title, with Guelph.

He seemed like a very interesting guy, who had a wide range of interests and just a uniqueness about him. If you ever read his interview with RinkRat magazine, you'll get the idea. It's classic (I don't think it's still online; I can't find it, at least, but I'm glad I printed it).

I was hoping he was content with whatever he was doing with his life since hockey ended. A shame he went so young. RIP Matt.
Sandman13
NOOFer

Return to NOOF lounge