Need tips from Colts and Generals fans

The place to discuss general hockey or off-ice OHL issues. Plan your bus trips, ask about the best OHL restaurants, or arena music here. It is also a place for some general hockey chatter outside of the OHL, like the Q, WHL, NHL or the minors.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby BB King » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:24 am

Planning our yearly roadie to Oshawa, Barrie and Owen Sound this season and need some tips from Colts and Generals noofers on where to eat pregame and where to go postgame for some pops in your fine cities.

Thanks,
BB King
"Me fail english, that's unpossible."
BB King
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Need tips from Colts and Generals fans

Postby LittleHockeyFan » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 am

Barrie: depending on what you like to eat, there's a couple places right near the Molson Center..... Thai Bamboo Restaurant on King St (couple blocks west and south of the Molson Ctr) is the best Thai food in town. There's a Milestones right across the road from the Molson Ctr if it's roadhouse food you want, there's also a LoneStar Grill in the Park Place Plaza (they do, surprise, TexMex). There's also the Horsepower grill (more roadhouse) right in the arena, but that isn't really the best food..... The Molson Center itself is just a block east of the 400 off Mapleview Dr. and there are literally tons of restaurants along or just off Mapleview: all the usual places (Swiss Chalet, Jack Astors, Harveys, McDonalds etc) as well as some pretty nice alternatives like PIE for wood fired pizza...

Not sure about drinking establishments since I don't myself, but I know there are also a few of those right in the area....
LittleHockeyFan
NOOFer

Postby Danger Girl » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 am

I like Teddy's in Oshawa (though I haven't been in quite a while) and they are set up to handle just about any size group.
Donna

24 OHL arenas and counting...

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby Sometimes Knows » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:50 pm

If you're looking for beer in Barrie try Barnstormer.....we were up there for a wedding the end of April (thanks Duct Tape) and stopped in there for some brown pops and lunch. The menu was limited at that point as they hadn't been open for meals that long but were expanding their menu.

They aren't that far from the arena.

http://www.barnstormerbrewing.com/
Sometimes Knows
NOOFer

Return to NOOF lounge