Question about reviewed play.

The place to discuss general hockey or off-ice OHL issues. Plan your bus trips, ask about the best OHL restaurants, or arena music here. It is also a place for some general hockey chatter outside of the OHL, like the Q, WHL, NHL or the minors.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby Otter Trotter » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:04 am

In a game between the Otters and the Spirit, there was a play that was reviewed. Before play was stopped so the play could be review, the Otters scored. After played was stopped, the play ‘appeared’ to reviewed, but the referee didn’t indicated that there was no goal.

My question is; if the reviewed play was ruled a goal, would both goals count? I think that both goals should count.

Any opinions?
If you like hockey,

....then you are my friend!
Otter Trotter
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Question about reviewed play.

Postby lacubs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:07 pm

mine understand is the first goal went in they have reset the clock to that point, so that second goal wouldn't had counted
lacubs
NOOFer

Postby Sea Bass » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Assuming they follow NHL rules, no - the second goal would not count.
Sea Bass
NOOFer

Postby JROC » Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:04 pm

you can't have two goals recorded at the same time; if video replay catches a goal after the next stoppage, the game clock is reset to the time the goal happened, no further goals can be recorded. They basically treat the time played between the goal and the stoppage as 'dead time' with the only exception that penalties occurring in that period would still stand.
for a better OHL forum with a competent moderatior check out http://thenewnoof.yuku.com/
JROC
NOOFer

Postby trentonbasic02 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:23 pm

JROC wrote:you can't have two goals recorded at the same time; if video replay catches a goal after the next stoppage, the game clock is reset to the time the goal happened, no further goals can be recorded. They basically treat the time played between the goal and the stoppage as 'dead time' with the only exception that penalties occurring in that period would still stand.

According to the OHL rule book the 2nd Goal doesn't count.
trentonbasic02
NOOFer

Return to NOOF lounge