Pawn Stars (again).....

The place to discuss general hockey or off-ice OHL issues. Plan your bus trips, ask about the best OHL restaurants, or arena music here. It is also a place for some general hockey chatter outside of the OHL, like the Q, WHL, NHL or the minors.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Pawn Stars (again).....

Postby KnightHawk » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:36 pm

Yeah, yeah....I know. :wink:

On one of last night's episodes, a guy came in to the pawn shop to sell his Odyssey 200. It is a game console from the 70s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey_200

Of course, being a fanatic of the older game systems that I am, I was intrigued with it.

I was even MORE intrigued as to what was happening in the background...which has to do with hockey.

A guy in the background was wearing.....ready for it?

A Toronto Maple Leafs jersey!

The logo on the front was not visible. However, the leaf patch on the shoulder was visible, as well as the number 3.

The guy turned around, and it said PHANEUF and the number 3 on the back.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Pawn Stars (again).....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Pawn Stars (again).....

Postby Danger Girl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:38 pm

We had the Magnavox Odyssey2 when I was a kid. I threw it out a few years ago, but I held on to the Quest for the Rings! game cartridge -in the box with the booklet. I remember playing bowling a lot, and the Pacman clone that let you program your own mazes.
Donna

24 OHL arenas and counting...

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Re: Pawn Stars (again).....

Postby duke1036 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 pm

I always take something OHL to wear when I'm away.
A few years ago in Vegas I was watching the outdoor Sirens Cove show at T.I., wearing a Brampton Battalion
shirt that I'd bought on a playoff road trip between the Troops and Fronts, and got into an OHL discussion with
a guy who followed Barrie pretty closely.
At the Tampa airport this past February, a London OHL guy approached us to tell us a joke about a
farmer, his Bull, and a government inspector (I was wearing a Bulls t-shirt).
Two tears later we were eating dinner at Tony Roma's in old Vegas, when I looked up and recognized
a guy from Belleville I knew quite well that had played fastball against my step-son's team in Belleville.
You just never know.....

Yes, I know, I might be rambling.....
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers;
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"
So sayeth Wayne
duke1036
NOOFer

Return to NOOF lounge