Bulls, Otters deal

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Bulls, Otters deal

Postby Goalgetter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Per Belleville Bulls e-mail…

Bulls Acquire Trent Fox and Jesse Saban from Erie

The Belleville Bulls have dealt forwards Remi Elie and Jake Marchment to Erie for Trent Fox, Jesse Saban, Erie's 2nd round draft picks in 2015 and 2017, Erie's 3rd round picks in 2015 and 2017, Erie's 6th round pick in 2015 and Owen Sound's 2nd round pick in 2019.

"After much dialogue this opportunity with Erie presented itself and it was the right move at this time. Trent and Jesse will have an impact in our line up immediately. We are very competitive in the tight Eastern Conference and look to be a better, more consistent team in the second half of the season." said Head Coach and General Manager George Burnett following the news.

"Trent brings great size, skill and skating and is off to a great start with 20 points in the first half of the season. Jesse has a combination of good size, physicality and ability to move the puck. He will help stabilize our blue line." added Burnett.

Fox and Saban are expected to be in the line up for Wednesday's game against the Windsor Spitfires.
Goalgetter
NOOFer

Bulls, Otters deal

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bulls, Otters deal

Postby duke1036 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Marchment was no surprise, but Elie was.
Bulls got a boatload of picks in this deal, must be working up another deal, for a depth player.
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers;
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"
So sayeth Wayne
duke1036
NOOFer

Postby general lee » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Agreed Duke , I think the Bulls have added some terrific depth in picks . I think they will look for an impact player before deadline
general lee
NOOFer

Postby puckk » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Two trades for the Otters have dealt 4 young players, but more importantly 10 future draft picks. That's pretty staggering in my book. Looks like Bassen will go down in a "blaze of glory".
If this team does stay in Erie (after next season and consequent sale), we can expect a few 10 win seasons again.
Whew!
Puckk
puckk
NOOFer

Postby duke1036 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:14 pm

I just wish I could see a plan or direction for the Bulls. They are wallowing around the middle
of the pack, with no clear direction of what they are attempting to accomplish, either short or long term.
No disrespect to the newcomers from Erie, but the Bulls just got younger and less experienced,
and who on the Otters roster doesn't have good numbers ? Look at the offence on that team, they should all
look good on paper.
A year down the road and the Bulls will have an OA D-man who can score but gets pushed around defensively,
some good size on D, that play small; a great OA goalie who will probably want to finish his career elsewhere,
and a bunch of under achievers up front that skate backward better than forward.
When was the last time Belleville drafted a player who was a threat to score every time he was on the ice,
actually created some excitement and anticipation in the stands when he was on the ice ? Who would deliver a big hit
or make a big play when the team needed it ? I mean drafted, not traded for.
I can't remember either.
The Leafs just fired their coach because of the same type of performance.
Good luck to Elie and Marchment in Erie, hopefully they will reach their potential there.
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers;
What you do today, might Burn Your Ass Tomorrow"
So sayeth Wayne
duke1036
NOOFer

Postby lacubs » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:11 pm

puckk wrote:Two trades for the Otters have dealt 4 young players, but more importantly 10 future draft picks. That's pretty staggering in my book. Looks like Bassen will go down in a "blaze of glory".
If this team does stay in Erie (after next season and consequent sale), we can expect a few 10 win seasons again.
Whew!
Puckk

you knew this would probably going to happen, Bassen is trying to have McDavid go out a champion, i think this was going happen regardless before the season i knew if we didn't at least the OHL Championship we in for like 5 more 10 win seasons again, then i seen the NHL Network Special on McDavid two weeks ago and you could just tell Bassen was all in on this season, it will be interesting if Bassen will trade for a goalie now
lacubs
NOOFer

Return to New OHL Open Forum