The Flint (insert team name here).....

THE place on the web to discuss happenings in the OHL. If it's just about the WHL, QMJHL or NHL, it doesn't belong here.

Moderators: stuffedwolf, TopShelf, Magellan, noofadmin

Postby KnightHawk » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 am

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index ... s_ohl.html

FLINT, MI -- With Flint now definitely getting a new hockey team, it will soon be the public's turn to help find a name, logo and uniform colors.

True story time....

When the announcement of the sale of the North Bay Centennials was announced, I was in North Bay that day.
I was trying to think of the best moniker for the team since we pretty much knew the Centennials nickname wouldn't be used.

Then...it hit me: The Saginaw Spirit.

When the launch of the website was announced, my response was, "Oh.....crap". :wink:

(in the sense that I was actually RIGHT.)

I have come up with one for the "new" team in Flint. I already revealed what I think it will be to a couple of fellow co-workers.

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Flint (insert team name here).....

Postby Danger Girl » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:10 pm

It will be something stupid. I'm going with the Flint Flame.
Donna

24 OHL arenas and counting...

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby KnightzRool » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:14 pm

I really, really, really, really want it to be the Tropics.

It would just be... amazing. I recognize, though, that it would make the team nickname a bit of a 'joke', but still - it works.

If not the Flint Tropics (*sigh*), then I don't mind Flint Fury. "Are you heading to the Fury game tonight?". It works.
KnightzRool
NOOFer

Postby Lanny » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 am

Why not the "Stones"............HaHa
Lanny
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:19 am

Lanny wrote:Why not the "Stones"............HaHa

I was thinking that, too.

When they score a goal, an absolutely loud YABBA-DABBA-DOO!!!!!!!!! would be belted out! :P

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Danger Girl » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:32 pm

Warner Brothers owns both the flintstones.com and the flinttropics.com domain names.
Donna

If the instigator rule is killing hockey now, having to fight every time you throw a clean hit would kill hockey even faster.
Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby SooBass » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:03 pm

The Flint Kryme

The Flint Gangstaz

The Flint Shot Gunz

The Flint Projectz

And yes, I know, likely in bad taste, but SOMEONE was going to do it. And the Z's are for emphasis on toughness.
SooBass
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:06 pm

SooBass wrote:And the Z's are for emphasis on toughness.

Zees....NOT Zeds. :P

While I'm here killing time between lifetimes....

Speaking of Z's (Zeds - Canadian pronounciation, eh?)

The new bowling team took me in because I said I was going to bring pizzazz to the team.

They read it wrong. They thought I was going to bring PIZZAS to the team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Kemosabe » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:20 pm

How about the Flint "Hardrocks"

I know I know Hardrock cafe has the name sewed up! But then again this is plural?
If you don't have a reason, at least have an excuse.
Kemosabe
NOOFer

Postby kerrkat » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:04 am

Flint Stones - priceless. Just imagine all the marketing tie-ins - and that logo! - Dinos? Fred? Leopardskins? Clubs? - the mind boggles.
kerrkat
NOOFer

Postby feedback » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:05 am

They where the Ambassadors , the Detroit junior red wings , they became the Whalers back in 1995 , why not just keep the current name and logo ??
Their is no need to change their name just because they are moving , they could save a pile of money by staying with the same name and logo ..
It's not how big you are that makes you a man , It's how much man you are that makes you big ....
feedback
NOOFer

Postby The Man22 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:37 pm

feedback wrote:They where the Ambassadors , the Detroit junior red wings , they became the Whalers back in 1995 , why not just keep the current name and logo ??
Their is no need to change their name just because they are moving , they could save a pile of money by staying with the same name and logo ..

Yes but also lose a ton of money because people don't have to buy a new jeresey.
The poster formerly known as the The Man

2005 Memorial Cup Champion London Knights
Si-vrett #25
Bowl-u #10
pr+MUST = PRUST NOT pOOOOOOST
The Man22
NOOFer

Postby KnightHawk » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:04 pm

feedback wrote:They where the Ambassadors , the Detroit junior red wings , they became the Whalers back in 1995 , why not just keep the current name and logo ??

Good points. However, since Peter Karmanos will no longer be in the fold, I imagine they will come up with a new moniker.

After all, the Centennials were named after the 100th anniversary of the railroads in North Bay. It wouldn't fit in Saginaw. :wink:

KnightHawk
KnightHawk
NOOFer

Postby Danger Girl » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:17 am

They aren't just moving, the team was sold. New owners will probably want a new name.
Donna

Danger Girl
NOOFer

Postby Nelli27 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:55 pm

They will be called the "Flint Felons", and will sport black and white striped jerseys.
Prospective billets must undergo an extensive background check, and the team is banned from playing "Put your hands up in the air, put your hands up in the air" at home games---don't want to strike fear in the crowd!
Mandatory enrolment for the players' parents in a seminar entitled: "Flint, why it's really NOT that bad!--don't let the crime statistics fool you"
"One man is as ten thousand for me, if he is best" (Heraclitus, fr.49)

"It is not a foregone conclusion that the quest for truth for its own sake is simply in harmony with the needs of man as a social and political being", Leo Strauss.
Nelli27
NOOFer

Postby kiwionastick » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 pm

My vote is still for the Flint Flaming Cars. But that's only because there was a period of time where I'd always pass a burning car on the side of the highway while driving through Flint about a decade ago.
kiwionastick
NOOFer

Postby Wallbanger » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:06 pm

Nelli27 wrote:They will be called the "Flint Felons", and will sport black and white striped jerseys.
Prospective billets must undergo an extensive background check, and the team is banned from playing "Put your hands up in the air, put your hands up in the air" at home games---don't want to strike fear in the crowd!
Mandatory enrolment for the players' parents in a seminar entitled: "Flint, why it's really NOT that bad!--don't let the crime statistics fool you"

I'm shocked that you left out that they will not hand out "thundersticks to make noise but instead they will ask the inmates (errr....fans) to rattle their handcuffs!
As a penniless Canadian society if I want to add my 2 cents worth to any debate I must now round it down therefore I would be back to zero resulting in my opinion being now and forever worthless.
Wallbanger
NOOFer

Postby rollo tape » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 pm

..thOHL must be desparate to base a team in Flint..what happened to a Buffalo suburb site or some other northnern NY city????..they will have some selling to do...
rollo tape
NOOFer

Postby Nelli27 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:48 pm

Wallbanger wrote:
Nelli27 wrote:They will be called the "Flint Felons", and will sport black and white striped jerseys.

I'm shocked that you left out that they will not hand out "thundersticks to make noise but instead they will ask the inmates (errr....fans) to rattle their handcuffs![/quote

that's been tabled...vote pending. :lol:
you're on top of things!
"One man is as ten thousand for me, if he is best" (Heraclitus, fr.49)

"It is not a foregone conclusion that the quest for truth for its own sake is simply in harmony with the needs of man as a social and political being", Leo Strauss.
Nelli27
NOOFer

Postby purdy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 pm

I'll go with Flint Fury.
purdy
NOOFer

Next

Return to New OHL Open Forum